BIE Advisory Meeting
September 12, 2006 Leave a comment
BIE (Blackboard Idea Exchange) Advisory Meeting
Members in attendance: University of Melbourne, Grand Rapids Community College, Auckland University – New Zeeland
In the past few months since the Blackboard and WebCT merger there has been much work within Blackboard Inc. to bring the best practices of both course management systems together.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Formed Working Groups in each Functional Area
- Working on Reorganization
- Working on Knowledge Transfer and Cross Training
- Formed a Merger Advisory Council
- Merged the WebCT Product Advisory Board into the BIE (Blackboard Idea Exchange) Steering Committee
- Working on adding WebCT customers to the BIE
- Expanding the Bb Product Development Program and Beta Programs
- Combining the Bb & WebCT Performance, Engineering, and Testing Teams
During this BIE Advisory meeting, there were many great discussions around the future of the learning system. For example, what will the new combined WebCT/Bb version look like? The focus has been around the Learning System, but there are other systems of great importance such as: Portfolio, Blackboard Backpack, Content System, Community System, Outcomes System, and the eCommerce System. Therefore, as progress is made to take the best of both platforms (WebCT and Blackboard) it is going to be important to look at the entire Academic Suite of products.
There was also some dialogue around new graphical user interfaces and how to manage the implementation of new interface design while maintaining ease of use.