Coming Soon! BbWorld’07 – Boston
April 30, 2007 1 Comment
Coming soon, this July, to a convention center near you! OK… maybe you will have to drive or fly to Boston, but it will definitely be worth the trip! I can’t wait!
I always look forward to the annual Blackboard conference. It always provides me with the opportunity to learn something new, meet a fellow colleague from another campus (maybe I’ll see you there! 🙂 ), and speak in a personal way to my Blackboard TSM, sales person, account manager, etc.
I also enjoy the keynotes and product roadmap sessions. It’s an opportunity to see where Blackboard is going, AND a way for me to help shape the direction through feedback and listening sessions that are conducted by Blackboard Inc. I created a web site that provides a historical view of the BbWorld conferences that have been attended by Grand Rapids Community College. You can view that site here.
Here are a few of the highlights of the upcoming conference:
- Keynote by Steven Levitt – reviewing the cause-and-effect view posed in his book Freakonomics as to how this relates to e-Learning and education overall.
- Web 2.0 and Social Networking – there will be sessions on blogs, wikis, social networking, social bookmarking and immersive online environments as they relate to teaching and learning.
- WebCT and Blackboard Users Combine – an opportunity to mix things up by talking with other users that are using WebCT or vice versa.
- New Pre-conference Workshops – hands-on sessions and seminars on everything from system administration to course design to podcasting.
- Informal Conversations and Social Activities – an excellent opportunity to connect with other clients who share similar interests, challenges and experiences in using Blackboard.
- Next Generation – what does the future course managment system look like?
- Developers Conference – the perfect place to learn more about the open source movement and the APIs that allow Building Blocks and PowerLinks to be used to extend the platform.
Visit the official Conference Web Site to register or for more informaion.