BbWorld 2011 – This conference is going to be an epic event… see you there?
May 24, 2011 1 Comment
This July, several GRCC faculty and staff will have the very fortunate opportunity to attend BbWorld 2011. Put simply there is no better event that brings together thought leaders, experts, and institutions from around the world that are leveraging Blackboard in teaching and learning. There are all sorts of benefits of attending the conference. Here are just a few reasons why this conference is so valuable. BbWorld provides unique opportunities to:
- Network, connect, and share with colleagues and peers from other institutions.
- Learn new strategies and best practices for administrating, using, and extending Blackboard.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest emerging technologies.
- Engage and participate in informal discussions, panel sessions on key themes, and topics impacting education.
- Hear inspiring keynotes from thought leaders on the intersection of technology and education.
- Interact directly with Blackboard representatives.
This year the conference is held at the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada from July 12-14, 2011.
Here is an excerpt from the conference website, highlighting Sir Ken Robinson who is the keynote speaker for the conference:
Here are a few highlights from the conference this July:
- Eric Kunnen, Garry Brand, Bill Faber, and Szymon Machajewski will be presenting a session at the conference. The session is entitled: Leveraging Academic Analytics in System Administration, Professional Development, and Course Improvement
- Symon Machajewski will be attending the Bb Developers Conference and Open Source Day.
- GRCC attendees include: Kevin O’Halla, Eric Kunnen, Garry Brand, Bill Faber, Szymon Machajewski, Diane Sparks, Tricia Siegel, Deb Velmont, Ann Alexander, and Tim Koets.
The GRCC team will plan to post our conference notes and experiences as the conference progresses on this blog! Stay tuned…