Looking Ahead to BbWorld 11
July 7, 2011 2 Comments
Every change I get a free moment, I think about the Bb World Conference next week. I’m looking forward to being in Las Vegas and spending time with the Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies team. I also have a number of specific things I am looking to learn more about through sessions.
- A Successful Journey to Exemplary Courses – Course makeover program at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Evaluating Online Courses – A look at the various rubrics out there today and the rubric Wilmington University developed prior to submitting a course to the Bb Exemplary Course Award.
- Breaking Down the Barriers of Course Design & Development: A Tale of Two Schools – evidentally, according to this awesome description I should “Walk away with sample training agendas, course design guides & tips, and steps for creating exemplar course shell templates. Learn how to easily implement a course development process in which your teachers can design and develop courses with ease and minimal training.”
- Exemplary Course Winners Share Their Lessons Learned – Perhaps this may be the most important of all these sessions – hearing from the winners and their lessons learned and best practices.
- Meet Me Pronto! Adoption and Deployment Strategies for Pronto – Ivy Tech Community College, the world’s largest Pronto user will present.
- Mobilizing the Classroom: ACU’s Digital Classroom Experiment – Abilene Christian University – need I say more? They were one of the first universities to put mobile devices in the hands of their undergraduate students. This presentation will actually discuss the use of iPads in a Microeconomics course.
- Engaging Non-Traditional Students with Mobile Learning: CUNY John Jay and Cleveland State University – I believe it is important to understand that non-traditional students use mobile technology in different ways. With their busy schedules, it might be a great tool for them in their learning. Plus, John Jay’s students did pilot the use of HTC EVOs and I have one!
Stay tuned! I am hoping to post many ponderings, creative ideas, and musings from the conference next week.