Bb Mobile – Inside and Outside the Classroom
July 13, 2011 Leave a comment
This session focused on how mobile technology has changed teaching and learning both in and out of the classroom.
Stats on mobile devices:
- More smart-phones are being sold than PC’s
- 24 Hours of video are upload to Youtube every minute. Most likely much of this video is coming from smart-phones
- Average iPhone user spends only 45% of their time making voice calls
Reinventing models inside and outside the classroom examples:
- Villemard prediction of the classroom in the year 2000: (http://www.flickr.com/photos/amphalon/3368393146/)
- Elements app for ipad
- Bb Mobile Learn allow you to access content anywhere
- Challenged Based Learning – embolden students to solve problems.
Do our classroom environments acknowledge these changes?
Can mobile technology embolden students in and out of the classroom?