Taking Students’ Advice: Using Surveys to Enhance Course Design and Delivery
July 13, 2011 Leave a comment
Paige Brooks-Jeffiers (KCTCS) presented at BbWorld 11 Wednesday regarding how to use student surveys to enhance course design and delivery. See notes below:
Surveys with extra credit are used to assess what teaching strategies are working.
Suggested Beginning Survey Question:
- What type of learner are you?
- What type of person are you? http://www.personaldna.com/
- PC or MAC user?
- Preferred Browser?
- What Social Media do you use?
- Are students getting a clear picture of their course before they start?
- Have students use your first name.
- Keep your course organized.
Suggested Ending Survey Questions:
- How would you do things differently?
- What would you tell an incoming student to this course?
- Are there other tools that I should be using?
- What should I add/remove from this course?