MiBUG Conference Session
July 10, 2012 Leave a comment
Eight institutions were present at the Michigan Blackboard Users Group session. The big discussions were on whether we should keep two conferences – a Fall and Spring – and finding a new group leader. Additionally, there was talk about having a virtual conference for the Fall.
Current versions at institutions
- Central Michigan University is on 9.1 SP 6, and have vetted SP8, however, with SP9 out now – some preliminary testing has been done and CMU are going to 9.1 SP 9 for the Fall.
- Grand Rapids Community College is piloting SP 8 this summer as well with plans to upgrade to SP8 for the Fall semester. GRCC is also in a field trial of the new VTBE and are hoping to have that included in the upgrade for the Fall.
- Baker College is on 9.1 SP 6 and
- Kettering University is on 9.1 SP 5, with plans to go to SP 8 in January or later due to other changes at the institution.
- Schoolcraft College is still using Blackboard 8 and will be doing a slow roll out to 9.1 SP 1 for the Fall.
- Washtenaw Community College is on SP 8 and testing SP 9. The testing is going very well.
- Michigan Virtual University is on 9.1 SP 6 and testing SP 8 to go live most likely to a new version in December.
- Ferris is on Blackboard 9.1 SP 8 and bringing it back in house for Fall. All CE/Vista boxes will be shut off for Fall.
- The biggest advice for users with custom themes is to go with the default theme and make customizations to that theme.