July 16, 2012 2 Comments
Cheryl Kautz (Computer Applications Professor), Meegan Willi (DLIT Instructional Designer/Technologist), and Eric Kunnen (Director of Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies) had the opportunity to attend the 14th national BbWorld 2012 conference that was held at the convention center last week in New Orleans.
BbWorld’12 offered a wide array of over 175 client-led sessions and was the largest Blackboard conference to date with over 3,500 attendees from over 1000 institutions and over 280 Bb partners.
Here are a few photos and highlights from Grand Rapids Community College at the BbWorld12 national conference:
(Note: For an overview and summary of BbWorld’s keynotes and conference, please be sure to see: “BbWorld12 Conference Highlights and Summary” as well as the additional posts on this GRCC BbWorld Blog.)
On Social Media, Blogging, and Twitter
- 25+ blog posts were written by Cheryl, Meegan, and Eric. The posts capture the notes and key learning from the event. All posts are available on this blog at: https://bbworld.wordpress.com
- In the past week there were over 11,000 Twitter mentions about BbW12 and BbWorld with over 100 tweets coming from Meegan and Eric. Twitter messages from the conference are available via Twitter’s search feature here.
- Meegan and Eric were highlighted as top influencers on Blackboard’s Hashcaster site.
- Meegan Willi and Eric Kunnen served as official BbWorld bloggers.
About and Around the Conference
- Eric spent time as an Ask Dr C (complete with lab coat 🙂 ) sharing best practices, answering questions, and connecting with peers from a wide array of institutions.
- Eric served on the program committee for the conference.
- BIE Steering Committee and Bb Collaborate Product Advisory Council meetings were attended by Eric Kunnen.
On Presentations at the Conference
- Eric presented as a panelist with Jacksonville State University, University of Maryland, and Montgomery County in 2 sessions: “Blackboard Analytics for Learn – Panel Discussion” and “Mobility and Course Communications: Bb Connect”
- Adjunct Computer Applications Professor, Cheryl Kautz, was highlighted for receiving the Blackboard Exemplary Course Award in a special award luncheon where Ray Henderson, CTO and President of Academic Platforms, presented Cheryl with her award. Cheryl also gave a live demonstration of her award winning course on the first day of the conference in the Digital Content Booth.
- Cheryl Kautz also presented with San Jacinto College, University of Miami, and Colorado State University on a panel at BbWorld entitled: “Beyond the Bells and Whistles – Exemplary Courses and Best Practices”